Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tip of the Week - Egg-cellent Element - Part One

Easter brings to mind fond childhood memories.
My mother had eight siblings – making for a boatload of cousins for me. As an only child, I cherished the times we would get together in any type of celebration.
Easter was no exception.
Easter eggs were crafted by the dozens during these family gatherings. My anxiety level still rises at the thought of rushing out of the house with recycled butter tubs in hand to find our works of art.
Ahh, good times, good times.
Adobe Photoshop Elements does not come packaged with a custom egg shape. However, with just a couple tools and a few minor adjustments, you’ll find yourself crafting eggs by the dozens in a matter of minutes.
In this tutorial I’ll show you how to create your own custom egg shape. Then, next week I’ll show you how to take any linear object – such as a ribbon or stitches – and give it a little “warp” as it wraps around your egg.
Let’s get started…
Tip for Photoshop Elements
Tip for Photoshop